Friday, September 19, 2008

Update

WOW! It's been a while.

Well, I saw the foot ortho guy and he said that while he didnt think that it was stress fracture, it was likely something called "synovitis" which is an overuse injury. I am ordered off running for 6-8 weeks and I go back to see him in the beginning of October.

I am sad.

I deferred my entry to Baltimore to next year which is for the best at this point. There is no way that I could train for that what with the hills and everything. I need to rest the feet by hanging up the running shoes for now and then, once I am healed, I will start out slowly and build back up, probably on a slower paced training schedule.

The doc said that he felt like I would be able to get back to the half marathon distance again so that is good.

Eh. So, that is that.

6 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Oh, I'm sorry, but think about it this way...if you ran this year, you might never be able to run again (this happened to a friend of mine).

Rest up!

Carly said...

bummer Kelly! I hope you foot heals fast. At least they gave you a deferred entry and you weren't out the $$....(that is my poor attempt at silver lining)

AKA Alice said...

Awwww...that just stinks...

Diario de Elysia said...

definite bummer Kelly! But atleast the DR. is confident you will get back to where you were after you heal!

Viv said...

Hang in there Kelly! Injuries are so tough. Any pool running allowed?

Jen Den said...

Poor Donut. I hope it feels better soon. I hate it when I can't run. Maybe we can do Baltimore together next year.