Thursday, September 4, 2008

Stoopid feet




So, I went to the doctor today and he looked at my feet. I gave him my laundry list of what I was sure it was. He said that I always steal his thunder. *giggle* Eye kent hillp it iffin eye is edjumucated.

He sent me over to the diagnostic center for xrays with a wet read. If positive, I would need to go see the ortho foot guy. If negative, I would need to stay off the tootsies for 7-10 days and then probably still go see the ortho foot guy.

I got to the diagnostic place and the billing lady reads my form and says "Foot pain? You didnt walk in here like you have foot pain."

Well, golly day. Who needs xrays when you have Yolanda in billing?

The long and short of it is that the xrays were negative so there is nothing glaringly serious afoot. *pun intended* I am waiting to hear from the doctor so we can decided what to do next.

Obviously, I will not be running in Philly on the 21st. :(

But, hopefully, I will be better for Baltimore in October!

6 comments:

Julia said...

I'd have bitch-slapped Yolanda.

Take care of those feet, woman. You'd look pretty funny with nubs at the bottom of your legs!

Tammy said...

I don't know which is worse, having an injury. Or having pain like it's an injury and not knowing what it is.

Take care, I hope you get the foot thing figured out soon!

Caitlin said...

i just read your post on the 1/2 marathon and i want to say congrats! i am doing my first 1/2 in a few weeks and your story was very inspiring to read. i think its awesome you set such a good example for your children... good luck with your foot! injuries are the worst :(

AKA Alice said...

I've been (probably stupidly) running through foot pain since June. You're smart to check it out.

Not liking Yolanda...

Pokey said...

Sorry about your foot :(.....but congrats on your first HM!!!

Carly said...

Sorry about the foot. I hope you are on the mend soon. I also would have slapped yolanda.

Congrats on the 1/2 marathon!!!! You rock!