Friday, August 29, 2008

Counting down...

I am nervous.

My foot is not much better. I have been stretching and icing and we have been trying the pads but I cant tell if they are helping or not. I am going to try my best to rest them today and continue the treatment and then just let it go from there.

We are planning on dropping the dogs at the kennel around 9 or so and heading on down. That way, we can get to the hotel, check in, go to the Expo, maybe grab an early dinner and then head back to chill out at the hotel and maybe go for a swim or something in the pool before calling it a day.

I am going to wear these shorts and those are my socks *giggle*:

And a white wicking top which I dont have a picture of.

I will also likely wear my Nike hat in case it is rainy.

The weather report was calling for a 30% chance of rain so that means there is a 70% chance that it WONT rain, right?

I got a little clip on pouch for my phone and iPod (in case I need it and to track my run). I will throw a few band aids and Gatorade packs in there. I am thinking that I will probably pin a baggie to it with toilet paper :) and some Luna moons in it.

I am hoping to cross that finish line, come hell or high water. I have worked so hard for this and I HATE that I am having this foot problem now. I know that I will not be happy if I have to walk a majority of the race but it is what it is and walking will be better than sustaining stress fractures that will knock me off my feet.

So, say a little prayer that all goes well and I will be back to post, hopefully, a glorious race report on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!


Viv said...

Good luck and have fun you will do fantastic!!

Diario de Elysia said...

I am sure you will do great..GL!

Amy said...

Good luck Kel!! You got it!

Jen Den said...

You're the bomb. I can't wait for the race report.

I have those same shorts. I have three pair. I love them. Do you like them?