Monday, July 21, 2008

Interval training

Well, last night, I did 6 miles. WOOHOO

I have started doing HR interval training as recommended by my trainer (Jeff, that is). It has been working really well and I think that it will allow me to extend my mileage more quickly using it. For the first time in a long time, I am starting to feel like I WILL get to VA Beach AND feel prepared. I knew I would go but I was so afraid that I would feel ill-equipped...My pace stinks b/c I am concentrating on keeping my heart rate in the appropriate zone which requires me to run a bit slower/walk quickly - this KILLS my overall pace but as Jeff says, I am not looking to win, just finish.

I am also going every other day which is weird for me b/c before, on my other program, I was going back to back on a few days but I know this is better for my leg's recovery. Jeff has been working on the IT Band and my left quad, both of which hurt really really bad when he pushed on them but it does seem effective the next day.

*sigh*

I took Sarah to the eye doctor today for a vision test b/c she has been complaining of not being able to see very well. I was fairly certain that she was faking at least a little. Turns out she has 20/70 vision and is, indeed, nearsighted. OMG My girl is getting glasses. Good news is, kid glasses are pretty cheap. Bad news, she will likely need new ones every year. Sarah is tickled pink and even found an elephant eyeglass case to match which is more than perfect for her. It was meant to be.

She will be going to the orthodontist in the next few weeks for a consult. Poor girl. She cant WAIT to have braces either. Silly thing.

Sarah is off to camp on Friday for FOUR days without me!!! What will I do?????? Then next week we are off to the beach for a week. I. CANT. WAIT.

Jessie is faring pretty well. She has lots of waggy days so I am pleased.

Sammy is receiving nightly "visits" from Nana. I am not sure what to make of that but as long as she doesnt go all Sixth Sense on me, I am okay with it. :)

5 comments:

Viv said...

Kelly sweet on the 6 miler! Aww, glasses good she is excited for them. I remember when I told my Mom i thought I needed glasses. she refused to take me to Pearle Vision because she thought they would sucker me into glasses like a used car sales man. So she took me to an opthomolgist and the whole time I was readng the letters on the chart my Mom was like tell the truth. Like i was 15 Mom I really did not want to wear glasses to be cool. Anywhoo just thought I would share. I really need to layoff the lattes in the evening.

Jen Den said...

That's so cute she wants the glasses. So funny.

They say that your loved ones who are gone come to you in your dreams to visit. Nana will probably come see you soon too. That's a good thing.

I miss you LTL girls. I'm in the hospital. Today was a nightmare as far as pain is concerned, but they seem to have it under control now. I was convinced I was going to have a nervous breakdown earlier in the day and they had to give me a Xanax on top of everything else. It was that bad, no joke. But the evil uterus is gone at last.

Kelly said...

Good job on the 6 miles Kelly! I remember wanting glasses too. They can tell if kids are faking it (my neice tried that).

paige said...

Good job on the 6 miler Kelly!

I had to laugh about the "faking" needing glasses. My mom is still convinced to this day that I didn't REALLY need glasses in the
5th grade and I'm only blind as a bat, now as an adult, because the glasses somehow made my vision weaker!

Glasses AND braces?! Poor thing!

I think the Nana visits are sweet!

Amy said...

Good job on the mileage!

LOL. DD will look adorable in glasses.