Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Improving!

I havebeen using Jeff's HR interval training and it has really helped me to improve my overall pace since returning from the leg injury. WhenI first came back, my overall pace was about 13m 26s a mile. YUCK, huh? Now, 9 days later and a healthy leg owner, I am down to 12m 15s a mile. Not bad for such a short amount of time! If I can shave 1 more minute off, I will be back to my average pace from pre-injury days.

I will continue on.

I forgot to mention that Jeff partook (is that a word?) of his Fathers Day gift this weekend. We went to Dover Downs Speedway ("The Monster") and he was able to ride shotgun in a retired race car! He was way excited and although it went by so fast, he was permanently smiling for at least an hour afterwards!

I shall add pictures once I get them uploaded.

We then went to the Delaware State Fair which was actually LOTS of fun - we only had Sammy with us as Sarah was at GS camp for 4 days. FOUR DAYS. I thought I was going to have a meltdown the day she left (AFTER I dropped her off) and apparently, she DID have a meltdown Friday night but we both made it through and now life is back to normal...whatever that is, right?

We leave for Long Beach Island in NJ on Saturday and I cannot wait!!!!!! It will be a challenge to maintain the 6.5 lb loss that I have scored by eating mindfully and running the past three weeks. BUT, I plan on getting in my regular runs while at the beach since there will be lots of babysitters and lots of time. I WILL achieve my 10 lb goal by Labor Day. By then, my ultimate goal will be within reach for the first time in a long time. :)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Congrats on the improvement and not having a meltdown during camp!

Enjoy the beach!

paige said...

Glad to hear the leg is better Kell! Have fun on your mini vaca!

Al's CL Reviews said...

have fun at the beach!