Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting back on track

I am still having some trouble with my left leg in the quad area. It was feeling better and then I rammed my toe into the base of Jeff's Total Gym and I swear that I felt it all the way up to my thigh! I cant catch a break on that leg...

Anyway, I ran 3 miles last night. 3 miles EXACTLY. I have been trying to increase my actual running distance/time without walking and it is going pretty well. I just dont want to irritate my leg anymore than it is.

Jeff also is having me pay more attention to my heart rate. It makes sense that if I track my HR a little better, my endurance should improve by not going ALL OUT from the get-go b/c it totally throws me off.

On a happy note, I have managed to stick with the WeWa program for almost a week now. With the exception of Saturday and Nana's memorial service (which was VERY nice but sad), I have tracked points everyday. It is getting a little easier. I am most proud that even though I overdid it on Saturday, I jumped right back on the wagon Sunday morning. That has always been my downfall...I fall off the wagon and then throw in the towel for a few weeks.

I am determined to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day. My plan is to journal and follow points daily. On running days, I will eat ALL APs. I am going to play with FPs and see how it goes...I may use 7 FPs on training days to get in my pre and post workout meals/snacks because they are truly very important. APs will be for whatever I want during that day. I will see how it goes and tweak it as I go along.

Jessie is doing okay. She has had a few episodes of stomach upset but she has been pretty bright. Definitely a different dog than a year ago but she is doing just fine for now.

Sammy has done a total "about face". We had a REAAAALLLYYY bad week with her last week (no wonder with everything going on) and I had many talks with her. I was SOOO frustrated and feeling so down about her behavior. Anyway - since last Friday, she has become "Alien Samantha". She is cooperative and pleasant. The whining has diminished exponentially. I keep waiting for Opposite Day to end but so far, so good. She had a couple 5 year old meltdowns which is to be expected but other than that, she has REALLY stepped it up and is acting more what I would expect from her at this point.

Today is a DOR. I will do my stretches and I might run over to see Jeff for some physical therapy this afternoon. I was able to rearrange my afternoon so I am totally OFF!!!!! I stopped at JCPenney today and picked up a few things including a bathing suit though I am not convinced that I like it so I will hang onto it just in case I cant find something better.

I just really hate bathing suits...

You know what would really suck? If you were googling for cartoon pictures appropriate for how you feel in a bathing suit for your blog and you came across this one with the label "Fat Lady on Beach" and when you looked at it, it was YOU? That would really not make a person's day...just a thought.



Oh and the reason why that would upset the most is b/c that ^^^^ person isnt even that big for goodness sake!!!

People are annoying.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope your leg feels better soon Kelly!

I hate bathing suits too....was trying them on last night in the 3 way mirrors..ugh.

Lori said...

Glad Jessie and your leg are doing a little better. Also really happy to see you posting and getting back to it.

Your comments about Sam and being 5 have me worried. I was convinced this whiny stage ended by age 4, you may have ruined that dream for me.

Good luck with the bathing suit, don't we all hate that.

Al's CL Reviews said...

OK, Before reading I was wondering why you had a picture of me in a bathing suit...

Have I ever mentioned... I HATE PEOPLE!

Amy said...

Glad you are back on track! You're better than me with the points.

5 year olds are exhausting.

That woman wasn't that big! I just came back from the beach and everyone was wearing bikinis whether they should have or not. It was interesting to say the least.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Sorry, some how I posted t he same thing 2x's so I deleted the 2nd one.

Viv said...

Hey next time your going to post my skinny pic ask a homie..LOL!

Sorry about the leg Kelly. I see on the thread that the hub put you on a special training schedule, ya better follow it. Do not be discouraged I hope it will all work out for you and getcha to that 1/2 healty and running happy!

Tammy said...

So glad Jessie is doing better, and Sam is acting 'opposite'.

Congrats on the run, and here's hoping that your leg continues to improve.

I was wondering about the photo. Even more proof that people are idiots.