Friday, July 25, 2008

987

That is how many calories I burned on my 8 miler last night. I counted that as 10 APs and I ate every single one. :)

I need to clarify that when I say I have gone 8 miles or 6 miles or 4 or whatever...I am not able to run the whole time. It suddenly occurred to me that I am not truly a RUNNER because I cant run more than 1-1.5 miles at a time. Never have - will I ever?

That feels sucky but I guess that my overall endurance will improve. I have trouble, obviously, with my leg but breathing is also an issue - I wonder if using my inhaler even in warm weather (my EIA has only ever acted up in the cold) would be a good idea.

Just a thought.

My coach assures me that I AM a runner b/c lots of peeps run/walk. Eh. I just tend to want to be better than I am I guess. Dont we all???

Today is a DOR and I feel better than I thought I would. My time doing the 8 was not much worse than the last time I did 8 - I was off by about 6 minutes (longer on this one) and my pace was only a wee bit more overall. But that was pre-injury. My overall pace on this run was a minute less than my overall on my 4 and 6 milers so that is encouraging as well.

I am wondering if I will do the half in less than 3?? I am shooting for 2h 30m. Somewhere in between is likely where I will fall. Then, I will have a baseline to improve on in Baltimore in October!

Sammy has strep throat.

Ick.

Tomorrow, Jeff is going to be partaking of his Fathers Day gift which was a 4 lap ride in a NASCAR at Dover Downs Speedway in DE. He is NOT a NASCAR fan but I thought it would be a neat experience overall and he is psyched for it. I am sure that the peanut will be better by then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your fingers crossed...

12 comments:

Tammy said...

Awww, poor girl... Strep is so miserable.

Yes, you are a runner! Many people swear by walking every mile- check out the Galloway method.

Jen said...

Congrats on the 8-miler, and you are DEFINITELY a runner, Kelly! People run-walk marathons, you know.

AKA Alice said...

You are absolutely a runner! I read your blog pretty regularly and am convinced of it...but I understand what you're saying. When I stop to get water at an water station, and I walk through it (or stop to drink because I am an absolute klutz and cannot walk and drink at the same time without choking) is that cheating? I hope not, cuz if it is, then I'm not a runner either.

Kelly said...

Nice job on the 8 miler Kelly! And you ARE a runner.

Amy said...

Sounds like you're doing great. And ditto what everyone else has said -- You ARE a runner.

Poor little munchkin. I hope the AB's kicked in for her.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I thought about you while running this morning...I was run/walking.

I considered myself a runner, so you definitely are.

Diario de Elysia said...

If you run (no matter how long/far) you are a RUNNER!

Hope your little'un gets better soon.

Yasmin said...

You are a runner. I have ended all discussion on the matter.

hee hee

Yasmin said...

You are a runner. I have ended all discussion on the matter.

hee hee

Delane said...

Nice Job on the 8..I burned 1200 ..it the ONLY good part of being fat. you burn more APs..

And you are a runner!!!

Viv said...

Oh wee the is some serious cal burn! So glad you are back to running intervals still make you a runer!

Susan (aka Suba) said...

Please, girl, you are a bonafide runner, and don't convince yourself otherwise!!!