Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who AM I?

Sarah had a tech rehearsal for her recital tonight. I volunteered to drive her and Bailey for the hour and a half practice and just stay there.

Ask me why.

Go ahead...ask.

Because it was at a high school and I figured they would have a track that I could run my 5 miles that I had scheduled while I was waiting.

WHAT??

Is this ME talking??

A year ago, heck, 6 months ago, I would have been content to sit on my arse and read a book while waiting. Now, I am seeking out places to run!

*twirling in my athleticism*

Tomorrow, there is a 4 hour dress rehearsal. I am going to drive them up, run my 5 miles and come home so Jennie can pick up.

By the way, running on a track is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring. I mean, how many times can you go around the same circle OVER and OVER and OVER and....well, you get the idea.

EH. You gotta do what you gotta do, right?? :)

10 comments:

Delane said...

I agree with the track...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. But, it is good for pacing and I only run on cement, so its kinda nice on the legs. OF couse the day I went it was went and slipery.

I think intervals would be good there.

WTG on using your time efficiently.

Carly said...

WTG! I usually like to bring a flask filled with mommy's special juice to to those kind of events rather than exercise. Nice work making good choices!! I agree about the track though....boring.

Julia said...

LMAO @ 'Mommy's Special Juice'

Awesome job, Kel. You're doing so well - you will totally be ready for your half!

Tracks are verrrrrrry boring. Even running through neighborhoods can get that way - I'm always changing my route for that very reason.

Amy said...

Go Kelly! Woot. You athletic person you!

I agree with tracks, though I've never run one before. I can only imagine how boring it would be.

Jen Den said...

The track is boring. Even when you have music you get bored. I prefer the treadmill, actually. But it's because I have my TV and I can watch whatever I want and flip channels the whole time. Kind of makes the time go by quicker than at the track.

Tammy said...

Great job, Kelly! That's true dedication.

I've been known to drop off kids and take off into the neighborhoods, or drive over to the park for a run. You'll never catch me on a track!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I'm in the minority.
I LOVE the track.
But only *my* track. It has potholes on it, and is flooded in one part.

But past 20 laps it does get boring...

Viv said...

Tracks I can only take it once a week no more. You with the running instead of reading a book.

when you start running to the mailbox, and your car when you leave the grocery store it is time to seek help. (coming from the crazy chick who does this)

Jen Den said...

I love you Donut.

paige said...

Yup, Kell that's pretty sick. LOL

I haven't run on a track since high school and back then there were alot of hunky distractions so I suppose it would be pretty boring now.