Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tag - I am it!

I Got Tagged!

Tagging is one way that bloggers connect with each other and each other's blogs. I was tagged by "aka Alice" who apparently frequents my oh-so-exciting blog. *waving to Alice* I thought it was a cool idea so, I have chosen to participate. You should too. Everyone's doin it. Just sayin.

So, here are the rules of tagging:

Tagging is easy. Just copy the following onto your post. The rules of the game are posted at the start of your blog post. In this case, I'm asking you 5 questions about running. Each player answers the 5 questions on their own blog. At the end of your post you tag 5 other people and post their names. Go to their blogs and leave a comment on their blogs telling them they've been tagged and to look at your blog for details. When they've answered the questions on their own blog, they come back to yours to tell you. Got that?

So here goes:

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

I think I ran once 10 years ago. It was in Ocean City MD with Jeff, his brother and sister in law. The result of that one lone run was me sustaining an eye injury. Yes - an eye injury. I wound up sitting in an opthamologist office on a beautiful day at the beach with her explaining that I had a "roaming inflammatory process" likely due to the running causing some swelling in my eye. MY EYE people. I had to take some heavy hitting ibuprofrens to calm it down. It felt like the WORST headache in the eye I have ever had. I did not run again after that until about a year and a half ago.

2. What is your best/worst running experience?

My best running experience was probably crossing the finish at my first 5K. The weather conditions were HORRIBLE, we got little sleep and I was unsure that I could even do it. Freezing winds, sideways snow...you get the picture. As I was coming around the last 1/4 mile or so, barely able to breathe and sucking on my inhaler, Jeff was there cheering me on. He was so proud of me when I crossed the line - no one would have ever pegged me for being/becoming a runner!

The worst running experience? The weather at my first 5K. :)

3. Why do you run?

I started running out of curiosity as to whether I could. Then it became a challenge to finish the Couch to 5K program. Then it was a vehicle to lose some weight. Now it is truly a personal challenge to see how far I can push myself. It is also ME TIME. I have made this commitment and my family backs me 100% - it is one thing that I make a true priority that is all about ME ME ME!

4. What is the best or worst piece of running advice that you've been given about running?

I get loads of advice from Jeff and my message board peeps. Honestly, I think the best things I have done as a result of advice are: Working on strength training all muscles to help keep things balanced, AND, getting fitted for the perfect running shoes for my body!

I have yet to gather what I would consider BAD advice.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.

I was on crew in college for 3 years, purple is my favorite color and I am chronically late for everything.

Now, here is who I am tagging...

1. Julia, even with that gimpy foot b/c I know she will back full force soon!
2. Amy because she is awesome.
3. Jen because I love to read her blog even though she called me a MOM.
4. Yas because I am so impressed with her tri training and want to get in her head.
5. Elph because I feel like she is my running partner even though she is in South Dakota. We are both training for half marathons at the same time and we are pretty even in our run-ability!

I *think* I was careful not to tag anyone who has already been tagged. Forgive me for double tagging but this is like a chain letter and it is hard to know who already got it!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Um. You tagged the only people I would tag!!

Now what.

I have a feeling some peeps may get double or triple tagged:)

Julia said...

Dear Donut,

I answered your tag.

Smooches!

Jen Den said...

Okay, I'm gonna play, MOM. But you tagged who I wanted to tag. Dammit. Off to read the magical pencil blog first.

Al's CL Reviews said...

LOL at "you tagged the only people I would tag!" I've been stalking so I had to tell those people finally!

Tammy said...

So interesting learning about everybody else...

By the way, I'm chronically late too. I try to blame it on the kids, but I was this way pre-kids.

Delane said...

Cryin' b/c I'm Jen Den 2nd choice in tagging..LOL

Intersting to know about the eye.

Jen Den said...

Hey Donut. I don't know what to do about my insomnia. I mean, I can take a pill but I don't want to do that every night. I have "tried" meditating. Can you give me pointers, seriously? Should I listen to music? Maybe that would help?

Viv said...

Great random running tidbits. I am so enjoying learning more of my running thread peeps!