Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Magical and Very Naughty Pencil in Samantha's Room

Sammy comes downstairs two nights ago and we have this conversation:

S: Momma - something happened.
Me: What?
S: Well, I was walking past my trashcan and my pencil made a mark on the wall.
Me: OK - no biggie. We will clean it off tomorrow.
S: Well, first it made the mark. Then it made a head and eyes and a smile face.
Me: *staring at Samantha*
S: And then it made a dress and arms and legs.
Me: Really?
S: Yup.
Me: *sigh*

She fessed up to it shortly after. At least she is creative in her lies. It also wasnt the usual knock down, drag out that it usually is to get her to confess. So, I think we are making gains.

Here is a picture of the artwork created by the magical and very naughty pencil:



I ran 4.2 miles in the blistering heat. I used common sense, however. I stayed in the neighborhood. Two people knew that I was going and to be on the lookout for me should I not return within an hour. I carried one of my half frozen G2s with me and left the other one at my water stop (aka my front step) in a large cup full of ice and a little water.

I took off and did much more of a run/walk than I usually do but again, it isnt usually 15000 degrees outside. I was wearing new running shorts that feel almost like a bathing suit short. They lasted for 3/4 of a mile before I ran inside and changed them b/c they were riding up in the middle ala chub rubbedness and making me very uncomfortable. They were fine for walking around but as soon as I started running - FAHGEDDABOUDIT.

So, my other shorts were fine and the neighborhood run in the heat went off without a hitch.

I am SO getting acclimated I cant stand it. *giggle* This is kinda huge for me though b/c last year, I ran a 5K the first weekend in June and didnt put on my running shoes again til fall!

Tomorrow is a DOR but I might get out there and do 4-ish only b/c I missed yesterday due to the stupid ankle sprain. And it is supposed to be in the 80s so it will feel like an Arctic front coming through compared to the past few days!

5 comments:

Viv said...

HAHHAA! She accidently marked the wall. That is a good one, it is a Picaso!

Great on the 4+ and the acclimation setting in. I think I am good here too, but will still use the word the rest of the month.

Carly said...

LMAO! Funny how those things accidentally get on the wall.

Nice job on the run. Consider yourself tagged for 5 running facts. Check out my blog for details.

Delane said...

LOL at the magic pencil. I need one of those to do my status report on friday at work.

Anonymous said...

How can you not totally bust out laughing @ that!!? She is surly creative...in her art work as well : P

Nice job on the run!

~paige

Jen Den said...

Don't you love it when they won't tell the truth? I had to laugh at this. 'Cause she is so cute.