Sunday, June 15, 2008

Everything happens for a reason...(updated with pics)

I drove the girls to their dress rehearsal on Friday night dressed in running gear. Weird feeling on my outer thigh and mega-tightness in my waist of all places (same side as the leg discomfort). Anyway, I kept having this nagging feeling that was telling me I shouldnt run. I chose to ignore it and decided just to do "a few" miles.

Well, once we were almost there I realized that I forgot my damn Nike+ sensor thingie that plugs into the iPod so my run would not be recorded so I was annoyed by that. But, decided to ignore that little irritation as well.

I drop the girls off and drive over to the track, the WHOLE TIME squashing that feeling that was gnawing at me, telling me NOT to run.

Well, wouldntcha know it - the track fence was locked. I couldnt get in anywhere.

*humph*

Someone was telling me to listen to those feelings, no??

So, I came home and Jeff said that he would go out with me for a quick run around the neighborhood. I grumbled a bit but agreed. No sooner did I start running than did my thigh just REFUSE to allow me to go at anything faster than a brisk walk. I couldnt pick up the pace at all.

I grumbled some more.

A lot more.

So, I had to, ONCE AGAIN this week, hang up the running shoes for 2 days to nurse another injury. This one, I believe was caused by my overzealous participation with that overly hyper Chalene Johnson or whoever from Turbo Jam who made me kick front and back and not very well til I got my side/waist/quad muscle all inflamed.

*throwing TurboJam DVDs in the fire*

We had Sammy's last Tball game on Saturday morning (YEAH!!!)and the team got their awards (Sambelina is front row, center):



...then out to breakfast. I came home and tried to rest but everyone followed me - not that I minded - and then it was time to make the requested lasagna for Sarah's birthday early dinner before the recital. We ate and headed out right on time which is not the norm for us!

Sarah's recital was just WONDERFUL. It had BETTER have been for all the rehearsals they had!! Sarah and her class did a wonderful job.

Sarah and her BFF:



From the audience:



We got home at EXACTLY the time that Sarah was born (10:08 pm) and broke into song. Our neighbors came over and we had cake and ice cream and Sarah opened the rest of her presents. It was a very very VERY long day and we were all exhausted.

Today was Fathers Day and we gave Jeff and my dad their presents. Jeff is going on a ride-along at Dover Downs in a race car in full on race gear. I think he really liked it (but he wont do it until July). The girls gave him a Wii game that he wanted and Sarah made him a gimp key chain that she made.

I *did* go out and do 5 miles this afternoon before we went to an early dinner before my parents headed back to NJ. It was a pretty good run - Sarah hung in on her bike for 3 miles before she headed home to refill my drink and be my "water stop"!

So, I did my long run from yesterday today so I am only down 3 miles that were scheduled for today. I am thinking about making those up sometime this week - maybe add a 5th running day instead of a crosstrain day.

Who knows...I am making this up as I go along. :)

10 comments:

Viv said...

LOL @ tossing the turbo jam into the fire. Glad you were able to run today. Happy late B-Day to Sarah! I hope you gave her some great goodies being that she is an awesome running caddy.

Amy said...

Wow, busy weekend!

I'm so glad your leg is feeling better and you were able to get in another run. It sounded like the running gods did everything but hit you in the head to get you to listen:) That would have totally sucked to be out of commission because of Turbo Jam!

Wasn't Sarah's party this weekend too?? The ride along for Jeff sounded very cool!

Julia said...

*tossing thunderbolt at Kelly*

Glad to hear it was a good weekend. Recitals can be so long, and horrible to endure, but it sounds like Sarah's was a good one.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend

Jen Den said...

Reading this made me tired! Woo!

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Gotta love the traveling "water stop".

Diario de Elysia said...

Glad your leg is feeling better!

Delane said...

Careful on overtraining...I'd add the miles onto your remaining runs. I got shin splints from overtraining..but that me,I can't run 2 days in a row ...at least not right now.

Carly said...

Sorry about the injury, but I am glad it is feeling better. I am taking notes not to do turbo jam. LOL

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.

Amy said...

OMG Your girls are just little beauty queens!