Saturday, May 3, 2008

Training and yard sales do NOT mix

So, I thought that it would be a good idea to go for my 50 minute scheduled run this morning when we got home from T-ball (to which Sammy wore her pants backwards but THAT is a whole different issue).

Do you KNOW how many people have yard sales on Saturday morning???? GEESCH. And the kicker of it is that I knew several people HAVING them so I was forced to stop and chat a few times. I also stopped to pet 2 dogs.

NO - I was NOT looking for an excuse to take a short break!!!! Stop thinking that I was slacking, people. Those dogs NEEDED to be pet!

Anyway. I think that the very best way to get your miles in is to cross a busy street, out of your own neighborhood and go into an unfamiliar (yet very respectable) neighborhood and start running. Pretty soon, you are completely lost and HAVE to keep running in order to find your way out. I actually felt like I was in the Twilight Zone or Blair Witch Project or something. There were SO many cul-de-sacs and few streets.

I didnt want to run on the main road for fear of being squished like one of those lazy pond frogs.

I eventually found my way out and before I knew it, I had gone 5 point something miles in less than an hour.

I brought along some G2 (low cal Gatorade for you non-athletic types *pppbbbffffttt*) and I am glad that I did.

I dropped the bottle one time at mile 4.68 and I considered kicking it into the sewer drain b/c it seemed like a better option than bending over but I did the responsible thing and picked it up.

I really should get an award for environmental achievement of something b/c that was no easy feat.

I was sweaty and gross when I got home but I felt pretty good considering!

Anyway...I must go shower and prepare for the school fair that I was really hoping would get rained out but it seems that it is going to be PERFECT weather.

*shaking fists at the gods of good weather today*

Eh...it should be fun. Except that Jeff has to work 2 games so I am going single parent-like.

Oh and one last thing - I have a blister on the top of my foot. I used one of those band aids that is water proof and all and it seems have to have irritated the skin around it b/c it is red and bumpy. Either that or it is MRSA and I will be dead by tomorrow.

On that note, have a great day.


:)

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

I just half smile and do a little hand flick towards people I know in the neighborhood.

My actual next door neighbor is the only chatty cathy when people see I'm running, or at least see that I'm all sweaty, flushed and shuffling.