Friday, May 16, 2008

Ramblings

So, in an effort to stay ahead of the game since it is highly unlikely that I will get a run in on Saturday, I decided to do my 60 minute run today while the girls were in school. I got geared up, hydrated, ate a Pria bar and hit the street. It had been overcast and rainy but the gods of running smiled on me and put the sun out from behind the clouds for a few hours so as not to deter my efforts.

I have decided that running can be hideously boring when done alone, which is the way I usually do it.

You can only listen to the same songs over and over and over and over again day after day after day after day...you get the picture.

Anyway, I thought that I would share with you some of my random thoughts while I ran today, complete with musical interludes. So hop on board my train of thought and I hope you enjoy the ride!

♫No one, no one, no one...♫

I like this song. It has a nice pace for starting out a run. OMG has it really only been one minute? I have to do this 59 more times.

♫The power and the money...the money and the power...minute after minute, hour after hour♫

WOW this is a really embarrassing song to have on my iPod. I hope that no one can hear it. Coolio is really wrong. Wait - I think he was in my dream last night. My songs are now invading my dreams... *shudder* How does he make his hair do that?

OK, now I am up to 5 minutes. I need to walk. Look at that lawn - it is really long. I wonder if anyone lives there. Kind of weird in this neighborhood for a house to be abandoned...Someone's coming! I better run to look tres athletic.

OK - they're gone - I can walk again.

I wonder if I could walk the entire 10K. Walking is easier. And gentler on my shins. My shins hurt.

♫sign a couple autographs so I can eat my meals for free...I'll have the quesadillas...uh huh♫

I like quesadillas.

La la la la la la...this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring.

OK - run again. Let's try to get a few miles into this hour.

Look at those trash bags - they are huge. I wonder if I could hurdle them...I wonder why I would want to...they look like body bags. Maybe there are dead things in them.. They are next to the storm drain. Storm drains make me think of Stephen King's It.

Maybe I should cross the street.

♫ With a great track pumpin', everybody's jumpin'...Goin ahead and twist your back and get your body bumpin'♫

I like this song.

Dear Gawd! It has only been 18 minutes.

Look at the kitty.

Keep running.

No petting kitties.

Why arent bunnies friendly?? They are cute but not friendly at all. I wish I could pet one. Then I could stop running for a minute.

♫ Can't we give ourselves one more chance...Why can't we give love that one more chance...
Why can't we give love♫

Under pressure. Yup - that'll be me. Normally this song is bringing me into the finish at a 5K. Ick. It isnt even 3 miles.

Run.

Faster....

And on and on it went like that.

Just me and my thoughts.

I did 60 minutes and 52 seconds.

SUCH an over achiever, I tell ya.


:)

2 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

I am lol at this. I thought I was the only one who thought like this while running (and driving, and walking, and breathing).

Amy said...

LOL! This sounded very familiar:)