Friday, May 9, 2008

Best run EVER

I just ran 6.45 miles. In under 1 hour 10 minutes.

Yes, I did.

And I celebrated in the exact same fashion as when I "won" the softball game for my team.

I busted out crying.

"Why" you ask??? I have NO idea. It felt like the thing to do.

I have decided that the first .5 miles is hard for me. It is like my body is rejecting the notion of running. My body would rather be snuggled on the couch reading a book or watching television. But, NOPE, I am making it do something that is obviously very unnatural and really should be against the law.

After the first .5 mile though, I kinda get into the music and settle in. I stop looking at my watch. I stop checking my mileage and just go.

The next time I looked, it was 1.8 miles down! I have to walk a little once I get to 2 miles. Then it was a combo of walking and running up til I checked again and I was past 4! I knew I could make it to 5 if I went around a certain loop so I went for it.

Once I hit 5, I realized that I had 6 minutes left on my hour long run and, well, if I could go 6 more MINUTES, I could surely make it to the 6.2 MILE distance that I will be running in about 3 weeks.

It took every once of willpower that I had, once I had completed the required 60 minutes for the day, to turn RIGHT instead of LEFT on my street because it was now drizzling and the wind had kicked up something fierce.

But I did it.

With the wind and the rain.

I did it.

And then I cried.

:)

Oh and I should mention that I did my long run today b/c tomorrow, we have Tball at 8 and then I am going with the Brownies to a horse farm for a badge project from 1 til 4. THEN at 5:30, I am being whisked away for some Mothers Day surprise fun!!!! So, I didnt think that running tomorrow would be an option.

So much for my day of rest today.

Or tomorrow.

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*taking out pom poms and adjusting skirt*

Give me a K
Give me a E
Give me an L
Give me another L
Give me a Y

*tucking boob back into cheerleading outfit...sorry*

GOOOO KELLY!

I would have cried too! FANTASITIC JOB!!


~paige~

Delane said...

woot woot.

I cry when I run sometimes too. The sheer fact that my ass is moving and not sitting on the couch brings tears to my eyes.

The first 1/2 mile is the worst for me too. I don't know what it is, but it blows. longest 5-6 min of my life sometimes.

Amy said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!


That is awesome!! Congrats girl!

And Paiges post made me LOL. I knew before I saw her name it was someone from the WeWa board!

Yasmin said...

Whoo hoo!

I also saw you kicked butt on the nike+ challenge, WTFG!

If it's just the first 1/2 mile, I'd love to be you. It takes me a good 15-20 minutes to get in a groove, so it's usually the first 2 miles that I have to tell myself that I really do enjoy it.